Aavas Financiers IPO issue consists of a fresh issue of equity shares aggregating up to Rs 400 crore and offer for sale (OFS) of 1.62 crore equity shares aggregating up to Rs 1329.2 – 1334.1 crore. Aavas Financiers IPO total issue size at the upper end stands at Rs. 1734.07 Crores. The Jaipur based company is registered with the NHB as an HFC. (Housing Finance Company)
Aavas Financiers IPO: Details
|Issue Period||25 Sept – 27 Sep’2018|
|Issue Details||Fresh Issue Rs.400 Crores and OFS of 16,249,359 Shares.|
|Issue Size (Rs. Cr)||Rs.1,729.20 Cr – 1,734.07 Cr|
|Price Band||Rs.818 – 821|
|Retail & Employee Discount||Rs.5/- per Equity Share|
|Bid Lot||18 Shares and in multiple thereof|
|Issue Structure :|
|QIB||50% of the Net offer|
|NIB||15% of the Net offer|
|Retail||35% of Net offer -Upto 7,392,513 Equity Shares- 605.22 Cr|
|BRLMs||ICICI Securities, Citigroup Global|
Markets, Edelweiss Financial, Spark Capital, HDFC Bank
|Registrar||Link Intime India Pvt. Ltd.|
About Aavas Financiers
- Company is registered with the NHB as an HFC and it commenced operations in Jaipur, Rajasthan in March 2012.
- The company was initially promoted by Au Financiers Limited, which sold 90.10% of the outstanding equity interest of the company as it converted to a small finance bank.
- The equity was sold to Lake District Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Kedaara
Capital I Limited) (“Lake District”), Kedaara Capital Alternative Investment Fund – Kedaara Capital AIF 1 (“Kedaara AIF-1”), Partners Group ESCL Limited (“ESCL”) and Partners Group Private Equity Master Fund LLC (“Master Fund”) in June, 2016.
- The name of Company was changed from ‘AU Housing Finance Limited’ to ‘Aavas Financiers Limited’ in March 2017.
- Aavas Financiers provides customers home loans for the purchase or construction of residential properties, and for the extension and repair of existing housing units. They also offer customers other mortgage loans including loans against property.
- Aavas Financiers operates from a network of 165 branches spread across 8 states (Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, MP, Haryana, Delhi, UP and Chhattisgarh) . Companies operations are concentrated in the state of Rajasthan which accounts for 46% loan book.
- As of June 30, 2018, 61.22% of the Gross Loan Assets were from customers who belonged to the economically weaker section and low income group, earning less than Rs. 50,000 per month and 36.27% of the Gross Loan Assets were from customers who were new to credit.
- As of June 30, 2018, 64.21% of Gross Loan Assets were from self-employed customers.
Aavas Financiers: Financials
|Revenue from Operations||143.85||456.34||305.13||190.88||103.68|
|Revenue Growth (%)||–||49.56%||59.85%||84.10%||–|
|Profit Before Tax||44.47||141.75||87.56||49.95||28.96|
|Profit after Tax||29||92.93||57.14||32.78||19.08|
|Net Profit as % to revenue||20.16%||20.36%||18.73%||17.17%||18.40%|
|Net Asset Value (Rs.)||166.46||157.03||96.41||46.6||27.05|
|Net Interest Margin (NIM)||2.03||7.25%||6.61%||6.10%||6.76%|
|Equity Share Capital||70.75||69.17||58.16||38.38||32.92|
|Gross Loan Assets||4,359.09||4,073.02||2,693.52||1,679.87||842.89|
|Disbursement Growth (%)||–||47.40%||32.48%||95.65%||91.79%|
|Post issue equity||78.6|
|Post Issue NAV||208.8|
|Post issue EPS||11.82|
|CAGR Sales 3 Yrs||63.88%|
|CAGR Net Profit 3 Yrs||69.51%|
|Market cap / Sales||14.14|
Aavas Financiers IPO: Pros
- Aavas Financiers is a housing finance company which primarily serving low and middle income customers with self-employed constituting ~63.4% of total loan accounts.
- Aavas Financiers’ loan book grew by 78% CAGR over FY14-18 to Rs. 4,070cr.
- Aavas Financiers has stable asset quality with FY18 NPA at 0.26%.
- Company claims to have implemented a robust and comprehensive credit assessment, risk management and collections framework
to identify, monitor and manage risks inherent in our operations.
- As of June 30, 2018, 61.22% of the Gross Loan Assets of the company were from customers who belonged to the economically weaker section and low income group, earning less than Rs. 50,000 per month and 36.27% of the Gross Loan Assets were from customers who were new to credit. As of June 30, 2018, 64.21% of Gross Loan Assets were from self-employed customers.
Aavas Financiers IPO: Risks
- It is highly concentrated in state of Rajasthan:
- The risk of non-payment or default by borrowers may adversely affect its business
- Self-employed customers. constitute 63.81% of its Gross Loan Assets. Self-employed customers are often considered to be higher credit risk customers due to their increased exposure to fluctuations in cash flows and to adverse economic conditions.
- An increase in general interest rates in the economy could also reduce the overall demandfor housing finance and impact company’s growth.
Aavas Financiers: Assessment
- Aavas Financiers has been able to deliver strong credit growth since inception.
- Aavas Financiers long-term credit ratings have improved from CRISIL BBB+/Stable in August 2012 to CRISIL A+/Stable at present.
- The company is led by a professional management team and Key Managerial Personnel held 4.90% of the outstanding equity interest of the Company.
- While the company’s growth rate has been commendable it is on a very low base. Company is seeking very high valuations compared to peers.
- On the post issue share capital, PE ratio is 69.4 times of its FY18 earnings. Similarly on Post issue NAV, the PBV ratio is 3.93.
- Return on net worth (RoNW) is very low compared to peers
- Despite a creditable performance by Aavas Financiers, good performance of AU Small Finance Bank on the bourses , I do not intend to apply in the Aavas Financiers IPO due to high price being demanded.
- There have been recent concerns on HFCs due to rate hike. I addition presently secondary market conditions are quite subdued.
Standard disclaimer: I am not a SEBI registered analyst and above analysis is for educational purpose only. I may have vested interest in every stock I discuss and my views may be biased. Please do your own due diligence as stock market investments have high degree of inherent risk.