Cosmo Films Buyback which was approved in its Board meeting on 26-09-20 entails buyback of 12,67,361 equity shares at a price of Rs. 576 per equity share for an aggregate consideration not exceeding Rs.73 Crore. Cosmo Films Buyback amounts to 6.52% of the total number of equity and is through the tender route. The Board has fixed Nov 9, 2020 as the record date for determining the entitlement and the names of the Eligible Shareholders to Cosmo Films Buyback.
Cosmo Films Buyback: Updates
- Entitlement: 7.8%
- Issue : 27-11:11-12-20
- RD 09-Nov-20
Cosmo Films Buyback 2020 : Info
|MP befo announcement||425.6|
|MP aft announcement||458|
|MP befo BM||470|
|Buy Back Price||576|
|% Premium on MP||22.55%|
|BuyBack Size- Rs. Cr||73.00|
|BuyBack Size- Shares||1,267,361|
|Tot No.of shares||19,440,076|
|% Buyback equity||6.52%|
|Equity Capital- cr||19.44|
|FV of Share in Rs.||10|
|Buy Back Issue date||27-10:11-12-20|
|Shares reserved- Retail||190,104|
|Shares on RD||2,443,842|
Cosmo Films Buyback: Broad Estimate of Aceeptance % range
1) Few additional purchase of Shares by existing shareholders with eye on earning additional returns through buyback. 2) Purchase of few shares by arbitrage investors.
Based on approximations indicated above, the entitlement ratio for Cosmo Films Buyback is expected to be tad below 20%. Buyback could have an acceptance ratio of ~ 10-20%. Earlier figure reported was due to an error in calculation.
Cross Tabulation of Estimated Returns: Cosmo Films Buyback
The absolute returns/Loss that may accrue to an Investors/Arbitrage trader are a function of Percentage Acceptance Ratio and Price Post Buyback. Investors may kept in mind that stock markets are quite volatile at this juncture and there are many political and other uncertainties related to international markets. We have depicted estimated Absolute Returns in a table form as a function of various possible combinations of Acceptance Ratios and Price Post Buyback.
|Avg Price befo RD||446.0|
|Absolute Returns %|
|MP Aft Buybk|
This post is purely for informative and educational purpose and is in no way suggestive of taking any position in the counter. Profit or Loss in any buy sell operation in stocks is associated with significant risk of capital loss. For more on Buyback Benefits and other issues please refer the earlier Posts
Buyback of Shares: A Primer for Retail Investors
About Cosmo Films Limited :
- Established in 1981 and founded by Mr. Ashok Jaipuria, Cosmo Films today is a global leader in specialty films for packaging, lamination, labeling and synthetic paper.
- With engineering of innovative products and sustainability solutions, Cosmo Films over the years has been partnering with worlds’ leading F&B and personal care brands and packaging & printing converters to enhance their consumer experience.
- Company’s film offerings include BOPP and CPP films.The company is the largest exporter of BOPP films from India and also the largest producer of thermal lamination films in the world. Its customer base is spread in more than 100 countries with manufacturing units in India, Korea, USA & Japan.
Cosmo Films Buyback: Stock Price Trend
Assessment: Cosmo Films Buyback
- Cosmo Films has robust financial fundamentals.
- Cosmo Films Ltd. has indicated that there will be no change in the Dividend policy.
- The stock has run up a lot recently but this has been due to favourbale industry trends and stock performance.
- Stock is providing a good dividend yield of ~3.2%.
- Company has been maintaining dividend payout of ~ 20%.
- From an arbitrage angle, with rlow buyback acceptance expectations, Cosmo Films Buyback is not attracctive to arbitrage investors. Any market melt down poses a risk as the total period involved is about 2-2.5 months. I intend to participate in buyback in a moderate quantity.
Standard disclaimer: I am not a SEBI registered analyst. I may have vested interest in every stock I discuss. Please do your own due diligence as stock market investments have high degree of inherent risk. Further the data in the post is prone to errors.