Manappuram Finance NCD issue (tranche 1) comprises of base issue size of Rs 200 crore with an option to retain oversubscription up to Rs 800 crore, thus aggregating up to Rs. 1000 crore. The secured NCDs which are in 10 options, and interest rates vary between 9.6% and 10.4%. Manappuram Finance is one of India’s leading gold loan NBFCs.
Issue Offer Period : The tranche 1 of the NCD issuehas for subscription on 24th October 2018 and is scheduled to close on November 22, 2018 with an option of early closure or extension.
About Manappuram Finance :
Manappuram Finance NCD issue Structure
Manappuram Finance NCD issue is structured into following categories of Investors:
Category I – QIBs– 10% of issue
Category II – Non-Institutional Investors – 10% of issue
Category III – HNIs i.e. above Rs. 10 lakhs – 30% of issue
Category IV –Individuals including HUFs – 50% of issue
- Rs. 10,000 is the minimum amount to invest in this issue.
- Rating: “CARE AA/Stable” and “BWR AA+ /Stable”
- The NCDs are Secured in nature.
- Listing at BSE only.
- Allotment will be made on a first-come first-served basis.
Manappuram Finance:Financial Snapshot
|Market Cap (in ₹ Cr.)||6,148.30|
|Price To Earnings (P/E)||8.97|
|Book Value Per Share||45.27|
|Price To Books (P/B)||1.61|
|EBIT Margin (%)||63.44|
|PAT Margin (%)||23.91|
|Total Debt to Equity (D/E)||2.68|
- NCDs are taxable, thus the return get reduced by individual’s Tax bracket.
- TDS is not deducted if NCDs are held in Demat form.
- Manappuram Finance has a track record of stable growth and has maintained good quality of assets.
- NCD are safer than Fixed deposit but carry the risk that the issuer may not be able pay the interest payments. This is not normal but can happen under extraordinary conditions.
- Events surrounding the Default by IL&FS and subsequent pressure in equity market on HFCs and NBFCs accompanied by considerable panic in debt market related to NCDs of DHFL, India Bulls group and higher yields for other NCDs has considerably shaken Investors confidence in Corporate NCDs. However Muthoot & Manappuram Finance in my view are better placed due to underlying Gold Loan business.
- Even though Manappuram Finance business is against Gold Loans which is better protected than other HFCs and NBFCs, some is still advised and those with not much exposure to NCDs can consider to apply in the Manappuram Finance NCD issue.
- My preference is is for shorter duration options in Manappuram Finance NCD issue as interest rates could harden over the long run and many times company’s profitability in the long run cannot be predicted.